What a wonderful weekend!
This weekend my very dear friend Christina came to visit me here in Toronto. We are the kind of friends who can talk for hours...and we do each time we hang out. We've been good friends since Grade 2, and we went to the same schools, same church and our moms are sisters..so also the same family reunions! She knows me well and she understands me, I love her dearly! She is one of the sweetest people I know, she has taught me a lot over the years about loving people.
Anyways, we spent the few days she was here meeting up with a nice mix of my friends, her friends and mutual friends. I have never seen so much of the city in one weekend! We went to Royal York area to a friend's house for an India going away party, down to the Harbourfront to another friends place, to York University to visit other friends...as well as just spending time around the good old Rye High neigbourhood.
It was fun! We ate lots of food...Indian food, chicken teriyaki, sushi, bubble tea...lots of yummy stuff! We walked a lot, played some scrabble, went to Eaton's Centre (I bought two new skirts!), went for coffee, watched some Veggie Tales (Lord of the Beans! I never knew it existed..but thanks to little Zion I've watched some of it and now I want to see the rest!), and talked and talked and talked.
Some interesting/frustrating things that happened:
When we went for sushi we put the money down, the waitress took the money and bill, then as we were leaving the restaurant she calls to us and tells us we were $20 short. We had counted the money a bunch of times, and there was a $20 bill with a few other bills and some change on top when we gave it to her. So we searched the restaurant for the $20 bill, couldn't find it, and she said there wasn't a $20 bill when she picked it up so we had to pay more! Scandalous!
Also, when we went to our friends' place by York University we realised part way there that we forgot the directions! The piece of paper with the directions also had their phone number on it so that was even worse. Fortunately, I had looked it up on the map and read the directions over a few times so I remembered enough to get us to their area..where I knew they were in one of four buildings. We checked each building's directory for their buzzer number but theirs wasn't there because they had just moved in. So...because we know this guy's parents...we called his parent's house in Milverton and got their phone number, called them and made it to their place....an hour late....but in time for a delicious meal.
All in all, it was a fantastic weekend! I love you Christina!

2 Comments:
You were busy! Perhaps the most social action you have seen in awhile:) I am glad you were busy and not lonely in the apartment. Only 2 more days and you leave Toronto...I think CSI is new tonight..so enjoy. I will be watching.
It was a wonderful weekend my dear friend...although I hardly recognized your description of me..haha
Post a Comment
<< Home